There's something we need to talk about.. it's the hygiene of glass water bongs. I hear many people say it all the time "bongs are gross" and I say, No!!! Dirty bongs are gross!! A rip off a freshly cleaned water bong is the most delightful method of medication.
Giving a bong a good cleaning is not rocket science, and changing the water once in awhile is not enough.. You need to get down and dirty.
1. Dirty, Nasty Bong (like one pictured below)
2. Isopropyl Alcohol 99% aka ISO
It's best to have the 99 %, anything less than that wont chew through the resin as well but it will still work. You should be able to find it at your local box store in the pharmacy section. A descent sized bottle should only cost you a few dollars. *Note that it may be hiding behind the pharmacy counter and you'll have to ask for it, because some people drink it to get drunk. **Note drinking ISO is NOT good for you
3. Pipe Cleaners and Plugs
Pipe cleaners to reach the places you can't and rubber plugs for your bowl hole. Get yourself a Gack Attack kit, it comes with 3 pipe brushes, 4 rubber pipe plugs, 1 pipe pick all in a reuseable odour proof bag. The pack should be around $20 at your local head shop
Got all your supplies? Here's a basic run down of how to get your bong crystal clean.
Let's Do This
1. Dump that nasty old bong water into the toilet, it'll stink up the sink.. so don't pour it down there.
2. Plug up the bowl hole with your rubber stoppers. If you didn't get rubber stoppers.. you can use your thumb but if you have any cuts that bitch is going to sting when you get some ISO on it.
3. Pour in your ISO, you don't need to fill your bong to the rim, just above where your water line is should do the trick and make sure it gets in your percs if you have any. Also you can put your bong bowl in a dish with ISO to soak.
4. Have a firm grip on your bong with one hand, and palm of your other hand over the mouth hole so nothing splashes out and shake what your momma gave ya! Use those pipe cleaners to get those hard to reach places. Run some hot water through your bong after it seems the ISO and pipe cleaners have taken a bite out of your resin build up. You may need to repeat steps 3 and 4 if your bong is uber nasty.
5. Go back to your bowl, the ISO should be nasty brown and your bowl should be mostly clean. It may need a little scrub too, rinse it with hot water to help get the job done.
6. Your piece should look brand spanking new! See isn't that nice? and it wasn't so hard was it?
Here's my Hoss bong after a good cleaning, using the method above